Start your career with Life'sWork of Western Pennsylvania, today!
JOB OPPORTUNITIES Please click on the links below to view our current open positions
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full-time
The site supervisor is responsible for supervising and transporting the consumers selected for the job site and for tracking each consumer’s productivity for payroll purposes. The site supervisor also acts as a liaison with the customer regarding schedules and production aspects of the enclave.
- Supervises consumers at job site outside of Life’sWork for assembly line production, warehouse stock and other duties as needed.
- Acts as the liaison to the customer for daily production and operations. Recommends and implements changes that will improve efficiency or effectiveness of the enclave.
- Provides quality rehabilitative services via instruction of consumers for improvement of vocational skills, social skills and behavioral modification, in preparation for competitive employment.
- Meets production goals and demands of the enclave company and performs quality control management throughout the production process.
- Monitors consumers, equipment, and machinery for safety. Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Analyzes and matches consumer abilities with job components and performs job components as necessary, in the absence of consumers.
- Documents each consumer’s daily production for payroll purposes.
- Transports consumers to and from the worksite on a daily basis.
- Fills out and returns consumer evaluations in a timely manner.
- Advises vocational counselors of any consumer issues of concern.
- Responsibility of assuring ongoing compliance of all waiver funded or Office of Behavioral Health funded programing requirements.
- Knowledge of and implementation of all related aspects of the consumer’s Individual Support Plan (waiver funded only).
- Responsible for ensuring 24 hours of on-going training per year.
- Keeps the supervisor informed of all work issues, consumer concerns and scheduling changes concerning the enclave.
- May perform other related duties as assigned.
COMPLEXITY OF TASKS:
Tasks are somewhat complex in that a variety of training and production goals must be met for each consumer. This must be balanced with production needs of the customer.
A high school diploma or equivalent is required. A secondary degree in humanities, preferably psychology or social services, is a plus.
A good working knowledge of industry and production is very helpful. Knowledge of and experience working with individuals with physical and mental disabilities is required.
SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Strong leadership skills and an ability to work independently with consumers are required.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, as well as intervention and resolution skills.
- Must be attentive to detail.
- CPR and basic first aid certification is strongly desired, as there is no other support staff present.
- Must also possess a valid PA driver’s license, a good driving record and current automobile insurance.